The Nordic Chaga is a mushroom found mainly in Finland, where it has been used for centuries in folk medicine. Hand-picked from Arctic Birch-trees, it reveals essential nutritive properties: packed with essential minerals it has the highest ORAC score (Oxygen Radical Absorbent Capacity) for Antioxidants ever recorded in any natural food.
- Minerals: Calcium, Copper, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Manganese, Potassium
- Vitamins: B and E
- Antioxidants: polyphenols, flavonoids
- Zinc is known to help to soothe and acts as a natural antibacterial, making it particularly adapted to sensitive and dry skin
- Copper is known to promote Collagen production, improving skin regeneration
- Magnesium is known to help maintain moisture levels and skin elasticity and reinforce skin barrier
- Selenium is known to protect skin cells from damage by neutralizing free radicals, stress and other factors known to age skin, soothes redness and sensitivity
- Potassium is known to help to maintain electrolyte balance and internal fluids, keeping cells hydrated and skin internally moisturized
Vitamins & Antioxidants:
- B Vitamins supply your skin with energy to help skin to regenerate
- Vitamin E has a potent ability to neutralize damaging free radicals for youthful looking skin
- Antioxidants: polyphenols, flavonoids - prevent oxidative stress
Graphic designer Henriikka Salonen is a nature lover by heart. She invited us over for a glimpse of her life while getting ready for the cold season.